On Thursday, August 13th, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., the Columbia Entrepreneurship Alliance will host the first Mid-Mo Business Jumpstart, an event aimed at providing entrepreneurs with the connections, resources and tools they need to achieve success.
“This virtual workshop is a great way to get your business off the ground and get plugged into all the community resources, support, and networking opportunities for new entrepreneurs,” said Scott Christianson, former small business owner who now teaches in the Management Department at MU. “I wish that I had attended an event like this when I started my business; it would have saved me a lot of time.”
Participants will hear from successful business owners about how they started their manufacturing, service, and e-commerce businesses and learn the ins and outs of Columbia’s vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem, including community resources, cost-free government support, and networking opportunities for new enterprises and entrepreneurs.
Registration for the event is required. Participants can register at http://startmo.biz.
The Mid-Mo Business Jumpstart is organized by the Columbia Entrepreneurship Alliance, a growing group of economic development and educational organizations including:
- Regional Economic Development Inc.
- Missouri Business Alert
- Columbia College
- Missouri Women’s Business Center
- Missouri Innovation Center
- Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Center
- Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at MU
- Novak Leadership Institute at MU
- Mizzou Venture Mentoring Service
- MU Office of Research and Economic Development
- City of Columbia Supplier Diversity Program