500 E Walnut. Columbia
MO 65201 Suite 105
The MO Sports Jam is a 9-hour sprint to launch a new sports-related venture.
Who: [If it sounds interesting you should go!] Sports fans, niche sports enthusiasts, athletes, developers, artists, marketers
Where: The REDI HUB – A collaborative coworking space in downtown Columbia
When: Saturday, September 14th, 2019 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
What: A one-day sprint to launch a new business related to sports… or create a new sport!
Why: To create random collisions of people from diverse skill sets and backgrounds who have a passion for sports and solving problems.
- 1st Quarter – Morning kicks off with food and identifying problems/opportunities across the sports realm. Finally THE DRAFT! – where ideas and teams are formalized
- 2nd Quarter – Experiment, running multiple plays to connect with customers and validate the problem & solution. Make contact with customers and look to score points (signups, sales, or interviews)
- Lunch [Halftime] – A required 30-minute break to eat and talk to other humans in attendance
- Post Lunch Warmup – 30 minutes of physical activity and games
- 3rd Quarter – Teams work with more structure to build and test their models based on feedback/data from the morning.
- 4th Quarter – Teams race to the finish line to have a solid MVP and something to present to the group
Overtime – Reconvene at sponsored SportsBar