The Boone County Office of Emergency Management (BCOEM) has received many inquiries from local businesses and manufacturers wanting to assist first responders and healthcare workers in their response to COVID-19 by donating personal protective equipment (PPE). We are truly grateful to live in such a generous and supporting community.
BCOEM has been working since the beginning of the incident to successfully procure PPE for our first responders. We want to ensure they continue to have the necessary equipment to effectively serve the community for the duration of the pandemic. Due to the span of the COVID-19 pandemic, the current supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) may not adequately meet the expected increase in demand as the situation progresses.
To help businesses and manufacturers get their generous donations to those that need it most, we have created an online donations submission form. Please feel free to forward this email to others in your industry who may have an interest in helping response to COVID-19.
The needed items are:
- NIOSH approved N95 masks
- Latex-free surgical or procedural masks
- Anti-fog safety glasses or goggles
- Latex-free disposable examination gloves
- Disposable isolation gowns (all sizes)
- Tyvek Suits
- Face shields
- Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content
- Antiseptic wipes rated to eliminate 99.99% of viruses and bacteria (such as Clorox wipes, Lysol wipes, etc.)
* Please note, for the safety of our responders, used equipment/supplies and opened packages cannot be accepted.
If your organization is able to donate any of this equipment, please complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OEMdonations. BCOEM will respond and coordinate pick-up from any location in the area, state, or Midwest region.
If you have questions, please contact the Boone County Office of Emergency Management at EM@boonecountymo.org or 573-554-7900.
Thank you again for your support of local healthcare workers and first responders!